Hello, and Happy New Year from all of us at Libby Camps. We have a few announcements as we jump with both feet into 2021!
Libby Camps will begin winter operations on January 14th, 2021. Our annual ice cutting weekend will be held on Saturday, January 16th. While we are excited to welcome you all in Winter 2021, there have been some significant changes that need to be addressed.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and increased safety guidelines imposed by the Maine Governor’s office, Libby Camps Winter operation for 2021 will be operating in a limited capacity to remain in compliance with the Governor’s orders, and for the safety of our guests and employees. When operating as a restaurant, we are required to follow the mandated restaurant checklist/guidelines like all other restaurants in the state, regardless of our remote location. You can read those guidelines here. Failure to do so could result in fines and suspension/loss of our business license. While not ideal, this is a reality we are forced to live with if we want to remain open to serve in any capacity during the winter season. With that in mind, we have implemented several changes to remain in effect until further notice, including:
- Indoor lunch dining will be limited to 5 tables accommodating parties no larger than 6 patrons each.
- Lunch is served daily from 10am to 4pm only. Our staff works diligently before 10am preparing for lunch, and after 4pm preparing dinner for our lodging guests. Please plan accordingly.
- Breakfast and Dinner are available to lodging guests only.
- Masks MUST be worn by all guests entering the lodge, and can only be taken off when seated at a table.
- In an effort to still get hot food into cold riders on busy days, we will serve a limited but popular menu from the outdoor pavilion (weather permitting) for folks to eat on the go. Burgers, hot dogs, cups of soup and beverages will be available along with an occasional special.
- Our public/indoor restroom will still be available through an alternate entrance.
- Fuel will still be available. Please use proper social distancing/wear masks when at the pumps.
- Cabin rentals are still available by reservation for $160/night/person and include breakfast and dinner. Please call 207-435-8274 for availability and reservations, or contact us for more information here.
We know these changes will be a major adjustment for our staff and guests alike, so please be mindful, kind, and considerate of our staff and other patrons as we work to accommodate everyone to the best of our abilities. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will do our best to answer any and all inquiries in a timely fashion. In the meantime, please follow our Facebook Page for updates and more information as the winter progresses.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you all this winter!
– Matt J. and the Libby Camps family