The Lodge

The main dining lodge was built in 1968 when the kitchen/dining room became too small to serve the growing client base. The old dining room is what is now the kitchen. One side equipped with Amish handmade hickory/walnut tables and chairs for a relaxing family style meal. The other is plush couches, chairs and Amish handmade hickory rockers for relaxing in front of the fireplace and telling¬†lies stories. The walls and rafters are filled with our proud history, and exploring it provides a wonderful window to our past. Camp flyers and pamphlets from the turn of the century, images of fish and wildlife from clients of the distant and not-so-distant past, and a plethora of relics from a more simple time. Moose horn chandeliers and furniture are scattered throughout the lodge, all adding to the rustic wilderness charm. The ever-present smell of fresh baked bread, cookies, and home cooked meals only heighten the experience.¬† Be sure to try your luck at the “Guides Waiting Game” a favorite for young and old alike.

Lodge Gallery

Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost was built in 2015, Libby Camp’s 125th anniversary. It is located around the point on the south end of the lake and has a sprawling front lawn with a view of the water. Grey Ghost has one king, one queen, one full and two twin beds. This is the first cabin to have a fully equipped kitchen, private generator that keeps the power on 24/7, and propane heat. For those looking for more modern comforts, this home away from home is just the ticket. The staircase and upstairs loft, like the rest of the cabin, is made of hand-peeled lumber cut and assembled on-site by local craftsmen. Grey Ghost has two full private baths – one upstairs and one downstairs. The large wrap-around porch is perfect for enjoying a pre-dinner drink or an after dinner cigar. It’s combination of class, comfort, and modern rustic charm is unrivaled anywhere in the North Maine Woods.

Grey Ghost Gallery

Point Camp

Point camp is located on the south point of the property where Millinocket Lake turns to the east and extends towards the outlet. With water on two sides and arguably the best views on the property to the west and south, Point is one of the largest and most secluded cabins, with one queen and four twin beds. A large communal area is perfect for an evening game of cribbage in front of a wood fire, and a hammock on the point is a nice touch for those wanting to enjoy the sunset and stars with a loved one a cool Summer night.

Point Camp Gallery

Atkins

Atkins camp was built in 1997 and named after Will and “Sleepy” Atkins, the original founders of Libby Camps. Sleepy Atkins passed away the year this cabin was built. Will Atkins founded the Atkins Sporting Camps in 1890, with the Millinocket Lake operation back then located on the Island that can be seen from the front porch of this cabin. Atkins is a small cabin with one queen bed and one twin bed, often referred to as the Honeymoon Cabin. Atkins has a full bath with bathtub.

Atkins Gallery

Olin

Olin camp is located on a small point just south of the main lodge with a hammock and seating area on the point for the apres. Olin is a large three room cabin with two twin beds in the back room, one full bed in the middle room and one queen bed in the front room. Olin’s bathroom received a face lift in 2011 with the addition of a new tile shower that is more spacious than the old model.

Olin Gallery

Memory

Memory camp was one of the first cabins built on the mainland when Libby’s was relocated. It was named in memory of Allie I Libby, 3rd generation owner of Libby Camps who passed away in 1959. Memory’s bathroom was completely refurbished in 2009 and fitted with a bath tub and shower. Memory can be used as a handicap accessible cabin. It has one queen bed and two twin beds in the back room, as well as a front porch with a spectacular view of the main dock and lake – perfect for those photogenic sunsets we know so well. This is the ideal small family cabin.

Memory Gallery

Phi Gam

Phi Gam is one of the first cabins built on the mainland of Millinocket Lake. It is centrally located between the lodge and main dock, and a front porch seat here is among the most coveted on the grounds – with spectacular views of sunrises, sunsets, and the night sky. Phi Gam has one queen bed and one twin bed, as well as a recently renovated and modern, specious bathroom equipped with a bathtub and a tile shower.

Phi Gam Gallery

Glover

Glover camp was one of the original cabins built on Libby Island in 1890. The cabin was relocated to its current location right up from the main dock in 1958 after the lake had been flooded, forcing the Libby’s to the mainland. Glover is one of the largest cabins on the property with two twin beds in one bedroom, one queen bed in another bedroom, and two twin beds in the main room.

Glover Gallery

Loon

Loon cabin was built in 1915 and moved to its current location in 1970. Loon was named in the early 1980’s when a crew from Wild Kingdom spent three summers living in it while filming a documentary on loons. It currently has one queen and one full bed, as well as a private, modern bathroom and shower. Surrounded by birch trees, this is a quaint and cozy cabin that has long been a favorite of couples.

Loon Gallery

Centennial

Centennial camp was built in 1990, Libby Camp’s 100th anniversary. It is located just up from the beautiful sand beach with a great view of Beetle and Grant Mountains. Centennial has one queen, one full and two twin beds. Centennial’s modern, private bathroom is equipped with a shower. The chairs and private seating area out front are a great spot to watch the sun rise and drink your morning coffee.

Centennial Gallery

Skyhawk

Skyhawk is our newest guest cabin, just put into service in 2011. Skyhawk is located on the south shore of the property. It is the most secluded as well as the furthest from the lodge, and has one queen bed and one twin bed. It was built in 1995 as sleeping quarters for Matt and Ellen. Amenities were added through the years until Matt and Ellen moved out at the end of the 2010 season. The first guests to stay in it (Marty and Kathy) named it Skyhawk because the Cessna 172 is parked on the dock in front of the cabin most of the time.

Skyhawk Gallery